Sunday, August 19, 2007

we are a pitiful bunch

I got to thinking this morning about this blog, this opportunity to log our thoughts, questions, remembrances and realized that I have not visited, much less posted, the blog in months. When I logged in I realized that no one else had either.

So, here I am, posting away!

So much is going on these days -- for all of us. I miss each of you, my beautiful daughters, so much. So much, that I can not conjure up a word or group of words that can adequately express the depth of this "missing you." I just know that it's a very deep ache eased only when I hear your voice, your laughter, a story from your daily life.

Yesterday I watched Fiddler on the Roof.

I know this statement will bring to mind many jokes about the movie: of how I "forced" you to watch it with me, memories of me singing "If I were a rich man" (perfectly in tune, of course!) and the interminible length of the movie (or so it seemed when you were lying on the couch, home from school, sick). But yesterday's viewing reinforced again how important this movie is, why I love it so. The devotion to family, to tradition, to God. The bond of a family in the midst poverty and faith. The pain of separation from those you love, especially when futures are uncertain. The laughter and understanding between family. The willingness to adjust your "tradition" to honestly serve the needs of those you love more than life itself balanced with the "line in the sand" that you must never cross. The struggle to live your faith when all the world around you is opposite of your faith - a struggle that I know is not new - because it is the struggle of the ages.

For this stage in my life I feel that my biggest struggle, the struggle that I know God will use to strenghten me, to make me more like Christ, is separation. It matters not the circumstances of the separation, I just know that what I must learn is the releasing of each of you into the capable arms of Jesus. I mean seriously, that's where you already are, where you've always been! I believe that the trust you have in God will be your lifeline, just as He has always been my lifeline.

I love you all and am eternally grateful for your love for me. Let's always be close in heart, interested in each other's lives, and ALWAYS ready to make the sacrifices it's going to take to be together.

I love you!

Mom




3 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Walch Girlz said...

Wow, mom....what an encouragement you are. Now, in a renewed and refreshed spirit and perspective of life, I fully 100% agree. I wish we didn't have the space and separation we have between us, but I know our devotion to each other is steadfast. I've missed each one of you in different ways, and wish we had our "conference call" every night! I love you all so much, and mom, what a fearless leader of this "pitiful bunch." :) Thanks for your words and wisdom that we all hope to have and be like you as we grow in our own relationships and walks with our God.

 
At Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Dave and Betty said...

you all have always been an inspiration in my life! and if someone looks at this in the next year or two, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has a hard time keeping up with my journaling(blogging).
I guess I need to start a blog for the Arkansas Arambel's.
We will see.
Love Aunt Betty

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

YOU my precious friend are amazing.
A gift in MY life that I treasure greatly. Separation..... :(
When trusting His hand is hard, we must ALWAYS trust His heart. :)
LOVE YOU PRECIOUS FRIEND!!!
Suzanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home